The Luisengarten in Mannheim is truly a beautiful, spacious and varied park that is well worth the entrance fee. Several themed gardens, including the Citrus Garden, Chinese Garden with the largest Chinese tea house in Europe, Heath Garden and Healing Garden, a gondola pond and numerous meadows for resting and playgrounds, offer enough variety for all ages so that time flies by. Everywhere is cared for and nurtured. After 1975, the Federal Horticultural Show will once again make a stop in the city on the Neckar in the coming year 2023, which means that the centre of the park will be completely redesigned. That doesn’t bother you at all, there’s always enough to see.
Good to know for a visit
- Address: Theodor-Heuss-Anlage 2, 68165 Mannheim, Germany.
- The park is close to the city centre and easy to reach by car (motorway not far away) and public transport.
- There are plenty of parking spaces in the vicinity
- Bring enough time, definitely worth it (especially with children)
- The culinary offer is varied, besides classics like curry sausage and chips at numerous kiosks, there is also more upscale cuisine in the restaurant with lake view (rump steak, pasta with salmon) – there is something for every budget.
- Admission (June 2022): €7.50 for a day ticket (adults)