Away from the big commercialised football stages, attending an amateur football match is a real blessing. Here, where the referee is still the chief whistle and not some screen referee in the basement, where offside is when the referee blows the whistle or his assistant raises the flag, football feels like football should be. Close, authentic, unfiltered. And when the away team comes from Beertown (Bierstadt translated word-by-word, a district in Wiesbaden), it makes me feel even better.
- Artificial turf
- Admission: 4 €
- Beer (0,5 L): 3 € (Wheat beer)
- (Beef) Bratwurst: 3 € (delicious)
- Conclusion: For 10 € the full programme, fits!
- Matchday 27, Wiesbaden Group League (7th Division); 24.04.2022, 3:30 pm
- Final score: Germania Okriftel 4:3 (1:2) FC 1934 Bierstadt
- Standings before the game: 3rd (46 points) vs. 9th (39 points)
- Conclusion: Varied and good.